Looking beyond 2002, Intel’s top management faced some big strategic questions:
- Would the envisaged convergence materialize and give Intel the opportunity to extend the company’s position and competencies into lucrative new markets?
- How likely was it for Intel to get a return on the enormous investments in manufacturing and technology it was calming in the face of major market uncertainties?
- Was Intel’s executive leadership bench strong and deep enough to address the various challenges associated with the widened corporate strategic scope?
- Was Intel’s organization optimally structured to implement the new corporate strategy?
- Would Intel find a successful third act?
- A Guide to the Three Types of Strategy and Business Model Scope (leadingstrategicinitiatives.wordpress.com)
- Intel and Its Google Chaos Question (arnoldit.com)
- Clearwire shares slip as Intel aims to cut stake (marketwatch.com)
- Intel’s Wooing Companies Into Creating Ultra-Thin Ultrabooks (gizmodo.com.au)